He teaches throughout Europe and in the U.S. He has given workshops and lectures for the Centre for Performance Research (Aberystwyth), Asolo Song Festival (Italy) BATTSA (Bristol Alexander Technique Training School Association), The Sage Gateshead, Unicorn Natural Voice Camp, the British Library, Jackdaws Music Education Trust, Malborough College (UK), and in various American universities. He works regularly with choirs throughout Europe and on the continent. He continues to teach privately with very busy studios in London, Oslo, Bristol,Newcastle, and Frome.
He has run his own arts organisation, the Lodge Farm Project in Norfolk, and for three years acted as Associate Artistic Director and Chorus Master for Pegasus Opera Company.
He worked regularly consultant and trainer for Youth Music and Sing Up as part of national strategy to provide more singing opportunities for young people to make music and training for those who provided the music.
He has lectured and been the recipient of an Edison Fellowship at the British Library.
He is currently Co-Creative Director of Sing for Water London at the Mayor’s Thames Festival, teaches private singing lessons, workshops and masterclasses throughout Europe and in the U.S.
- Michael Harper is an international singer, teacher and workshop facilitator. He has sung opera and concerts throughout Europe, in China, and in the U.S.
- He did his initial study at Virginia Commonwealth University, received a Master of Music Degree from the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music where he also did further doctoral studies, and studied opera at the Mayer-Lismann Opera Centre in London.
- In opera, Michael has performed the title roles in Giasone (Cavalli) at the Megaron in Athens, San Giovanni Battista (Stradella) for Musica nel Chiostro in Batignano, Italy and The Waiter's Revenge for Jigsaw Music Theatre in London and Flavio for Neue Opembühne Berlin in Berlin and Gran Canaria.
- His directing credits include: Gianni Schicchi, The Turn of the Screw and Cosi fan tutte.
- His concert performances include: "Free" with Simon Callow and the LGSO for World AIDS Day, The Blazing Heart with Helen Chadwick, the Pergolesi Stabat Mater with the LGSO, The Singing Circle with Helen Chadwick at the Royal Opera House. He has performed at the Asolo Music Festival, the Norfolk and Norwich Festival, the Wymondham Music Week and various other festivals in the UK.
- In the dance world, he has collaborated with Jin Xing China's premiere interpreter of modern dance, Isira Makuloluwe and Mavin Khoo, performing in international venues including the Institute for Contemporary Arts in London, The Royal Opera House Linbury Theatre, Venice Dance Biennale and the Geneva Ballet.