He teaches throughout Europe and in the U.S. He has given workshops, lectures, and master classes for the Centre for Performance Research (Aberystwyth), Asolo Song Festival (Italy), the Bristol Alexander School, The Sage Gateshead, Unicorn Natural Voice Camp, the British Library, Malborough College, Portsmouth Cathedral, Den Norske Oper, Westminster Choir College, and other American universities. He works regularly with choirs throughout the UK and on the continent and teaches singing privately with very busy studios in London, Oslo, and Bristol.
He has run his own arts organisation, the Lodge Farm Project in Norfolk, and acted as Associate Artistic Director and Chorus Master for Pegasus Opera Company. He was regular a consultant and trainer for Youth Music and Sing Up and Co-Creative Director of Sing for Water London at the Mayor’s Thames Festival for fifteen years. He has curated recitals for the London Song Festival, Steinway Hall (London), and St John's Smith Square (London).
He is currently a Principal Study Tutor in the School of Vocal Studies and Opera at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester (UK), a Patron for the National Opera Studio's Diverse Voices programme, and a Trustee for the Saga Trust, British Library.
- Michael Harper is an international singer, teacher and workshop facilitator. He has sung opera and concerts throughout Europe, in China and in the U.S.
- He did his initial study at Virginia Commonwealth University, received a Master of Music Degree from the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music where he also did further doctoral studies, and studied opera at the Mayer-Lismann Opera Centre in London.
- In opera, Michael has performed the title roles in Giasone (Cavalli) at the Megaron in Athens, San Giovanni Battista (Stradella) for Musica nel Chiostro in Batignano, Italy and The Waiter's Revenge for Jigsaw Music Theatre in London and Flavio for Neue Opembühne Berlin in Berlin and Gran Canaria.
- His directing credits include: Gianni Schicchi, The Turn of the Screw and Cosi fan tutte.
- His concert performances include: "Free" with Simon Callow and the LGSO for World AIDS Day, The Blazing Heart with Helen Chadwick, the Pergolesi Stabat Mater with the LGSO, The Singing Circle with Helen Chadwick at the Royal Opera House. He has performed at the Asolo Music Festival, the Norfolk and Norwich Festival, the Wymondham Music Week and various other festivals in the UK.
- In the dance world, he has collaborated with Jin Xing China's premiere interpreter of modern dance, Isira Makuloluwe and Mavin Khoo, performing in international venues including the Institute for Contemporary Arts in London, The Royal Opera House Linbury Theatre, Venice Dance Biennale and the Geneva Ballet.